View quick summary
This case study on the value proposition of eFiling was conducted by Aon Hewitt in association with TaxSpanner.com.
The Problem Statement:
- July is one of the busiest months for all employees not because they are working hard but because they are all tied up with filing their tax returns.
- In majority of cases, either the employees submit their tax returns independently, or the employer facilitates it through some local vendors, leading to last minute rush.
- The usual way of filing income tax returns is by submitting a physical copy of the duly filled ITR (Income Tax Return) to the income tax office directly or through a Tax Consultant.
- It is seen that there has been an exponential increase in the number of tax returns that are filed, and it is expected to reach 100 million mark by 2015.
- Therefore, companies are finding it difficult to keep employee productivity high during July.
- Government is taking initiatives to digitize the filing of tax returns via the Internet and by encouraging e-filing and promoting e-return intermediaries who provide convenient web interfaces.
- Various factors including increasing role of technology, changes in the tax administration and the UID project have made online tax filing one of the fastest growing businesses.
- As evident from the table on the next page, a company of approx. 1000 employees would save around 2400 employee hours in addition to saving other resources.
The WIN-WIN Proposition:
- Strategic tie-up of HR experts, Aon Hewitt with authorized E-RI experts, TaxSpanner.
- Aon Hewitt and TaxSpanner have joined hands to offer this WIN-WIN proposition to their clients.
- This association came into existence after rigorous selection of TaxSpanner, an Authorized E-RI, against high standards of compliance, convenience, and confidentiality in filing e-ITR.
- Aon Hewitt felt cutting-edge solution provided by Tax Spanner can be easily utilized for its clientele. Together they have been offering end-to-end solution for ITR e-filing to their clients’ employees.
- Solution leverages robust software framework and hardware platform used by Aon Hewitt’s customers for e-filing in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
A survey conducted with Tax Spanner e-filing service clients revealed the following information:
- 89% said they would recommend TaxSpanner services.
- Clients found it time saving, speedy, very convenient with excellent service and follow-up.
- Employers felt that TaxSpanner is a systematic and responsive tax filing company that helps employees file tax returns without going anywhere or wasting time with paper work!
To download this case study as PDF, please click here.